Production Manager position Available
About Current Millwork:
Current Millwork & Cabinetry, is a well-established custom millwork company providing top tier services for the planning, design, manufacturing, and installation of high-end architectural millwork all over British Columbia. Based in Parksville BC, Current Millwork’s company culture supports employee growth and development and has evolved to one of high achievement with many long-serving, highly engaged employees on staff. Our culture is flexible, professional, and relaxed, yet keenly focused on building our track record of growth and success.
As the Production Manager, you will report directly into the General Manager. You will be responsible for the overall operations of the shop and the overall flow of production within our facility. You will measure, monitor and report on key performance indicators. You will work with the shop employees and engineering team, to make suggestions for enhancing production methods. You will develop and implement new policies to facilitate better efficiencies and inform the general manager of any problems relating to your facility that require further support/ attention. You will focus on maintaining a safe work environment, while working to build and maintain a strong team culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, organize, and direct day-to-day production operations in co-ordination with production shift supervisors, engineers and project managers.
- Ensure safety, productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Track labor and material costs.
- Manage staffing levels.
- Formulate and implement manufacturing policies and programs to maintain and improve
- Quality control for outgoing products.
- Overtime required as needed to meet production deadlines.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Has 5+ years Manager/Supervisor Production/Manufacturing experience.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Familiarity with relevant safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective and efficient computer skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for their work.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Proficiency with MS Office with primary working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and a willingness to learn our ERP software.
- Great teamwork and team building skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Diploma/Degree preferred
- 10+ years direct industry experience
This role encompasses working in a manufacturing facility. There is dirt, dust, potentially hazardous conditions in a loud work environment. PPE is to be worn whenever necessary and is provided by company. Safety footwear is required and is the worker’s responsibility.
To be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
Work With Us
- Apprentice / Assembler
- CNC Operator
- Shipping / Receiving / Trucking
- Project Manager / Coordinator
Resumes can be sent to human resources:
Our Work in the Construction Industry on Vancouver Island
We work with general contractors, designers and home owners, both for new home builds, renovations and commercial projects.
With a strong reputation for service and quality of work, our service area reaches north and south Vancouver Island, from our Parksville home, down to Victoria and up to Port Hardy.
Parksville is predominantly known as a retirement community but with an influx of young families and younger homeowners moving to the island over the past several years the city is seeing a youthful revitalization.